How do I get my iPhone’s calendar onto my new Android phone?
If you’re making the switch from iPhone to Android, you’ll want to take all the things that matter in your life with you, i.e. your calendar, contacts, and other personal data.
Though there’s no real way to “sync” your iPhone’s iCloud calendar to your new Android phone, you can still transfer it over pretty simply.
How to transfer your iCloud calendar to your Android phone
First thing you’ll need is a Google account set up on your Android phone. If you skipped that in the setup process, you’ll need to create one.
On your iPhone
- Launch Settings from the Home screen.
- Tap Calendar.
- Tap Default Calendar.
Tap the Gmail account you use with your Google calendar.
Now any dates you add to your iPhone calendar will be apart of your Google account calendar (in case you keep using your iPhone for a bit). This ensures that everything
On your Mac or PC
- Log into your iCloud account.
- Click Calendar.
Click the broadcast button next to the calendar you want to share.
- Click the checkbox next to Public Calendar.
- Copy the URL that appears and paste it in the address bar of your web browser. Do not hit enter yet.
Replace webcal at the beginning of the URL with http and hit enter. You’ll either be prompted to download an ICS file or one will automatically download to your default downloads folder.
- Go back to your iCloud Calendar and uncheck Public Calendar.
- Log into your Gmail account.
- Click the apps button on the upper right of your screen. It’s a square made of nine smaller squares.
- Click the settings button on the upper right of your screen. It’s the gear icon.
- Click the Calendars tab.
Click Import calendar.
- Click Choose File or Browse, depending on your operating system.
- Click the ICS file you just downloaded from iCloud.
Boom, you iPhone calendar events are now apart of your Google account. If you have multiple iPhone calendars, you’ll want to repeat the same steps for each one.
SmoothSync for Cloud Calendar is a handy app that lets you sync your iCloud calendars and reminders with your Android phone.
It’s not the prettiest app in the world, but it gets the job done. All you have to do is enter your Apple ID and password, select the calendars you want to sync and that’s it. It’ll create new calendars on your Android phone for each iCloud calendar you had.
It’s a great app for folks who like to keep both an iPhone and Android phone around, since you can set it to auto-sync, and you can use your Google calendar on your Android phone as normal; SmoothSync works in the background!
Let us know in the comments below!