Today we are simplifying and improving the merchant experience for developers who have paid apps, in-app purchases, or subscriptions based on the feedback we’ve heard from the community.
First, we’re moving order management from the Google Payments Center to the Google Play Developer Console and adding some improved features. Second, payments settings will now be accessible from the Developer Console in addition to continuing to be available on payments.google.com. The new features come with appropriate access control settings so you can be sure users only have access to the tools they need.
The new order management tab in the Google Play Developer Console
You can perform the same tasks in the Developer Console which you previously would have performed in the Google Payments Center. We’ve also made some improvements:
- Bulk refunds: You can now select multiple orders for simultaneous refund, instead of issuing them individually.
- Subscription cancellations: You can now refund and revoke subscriptions directly from the order management tab (without going to a separate UI).
- Permissions: We’ve added a new user access permission to the Developer Console called “Manage orders”. This permission will allow a user to find orders, issue refunds, and cancel subscriptions. Other features will be read-only for these users and financial reports will be hidden (only users with “View financial reports” can see financial data). Payments settings are restricted to the account owner when accessed from Developer Console.
Order management migration to the Developer Console
Order management is now available in the Developer Console. Starting January 23, order management will cease being available in Payments Center. User permissions are not automatically carried over from the Payments Center so, as the account owner, you will need to add all users who need access to refunds and any other order management features to your Developer Console account with the new ‘Manage orders’ permission by January 22 for them to have continued access.
Here’s how you can add new users to your Developer Console account:
- Log on to Google Payments Center and review all existing users.
- Sign in to your Developer Console and add one or both of the following permissions for all users that need access to Order Management in the Developer Console.
- View financial reports: Gives the right to access and view financial reports.
- Manage orders: Gives the right to view and refund orders but not to view aggregate financial statistics or download sales & payout reports.
- Let your users know about the new location for order management.