Discover more than 100 down-to-earth code recipes, covering a wide range of useful topics using complete and real-world working code examples. This book is updated to include the Android N SDK (7.0), as well as earlier releases.
Crammed with insightful instruction and helpful examples, this fifth edition of Android Recipes is your guide to writing apps for one of today’s hottest mobile platforms. It offers pragmatic advice that will help you get the job done quickly and well. This can save you a great deal of work over creating a project from scratch.
Instead of abstract descriptions of complex concepts, in Android Recipes you’ll find live code examples. When you start a new project you can consider copying and pasting the code and configuration files from this book and then modifying them for your own customization needs.
What You’ll Learn
- Code for Android smartphones and tablets
- Use external libraries to save time and effort
- Boost app performance by using the Android NDK and RenderScript
- Design apps for performance, responsiveness, and seamlessness
- Send data between devices and other external hardware
- Persist application data and share it between applications
- Capture and play back various device media items
- Communicate with web services
- Get the most out of your user interface
Who This Book Is For
All Android app developers.